Monday, 7 January 2008

The Procession of the Three Wise Men

I didn't realize that Christmas celebrations here go on into January. We went for a stroll into town on Saturday evening and saw loads of people about and a long catwalk kind of thing set up in one main squares. We decided to hang about to see what would happen. Well a little while later a carnival parade started along the street. It turns out that this was the procession of the "Reyes Magos" from the port of Ibiza on the night of 5th January.
This is traditionally the night when children all over Spain receive presents from the Three Wise Men. I whipped out my trusty camera and took a load of pics. Most of which were the back of some kid's head because the mother kept holding him up to see the floats. Damn it! Anyway, I've put a few pics (mostly minus aforementioned kid's head) of it in my photo album.
Click here for more pics

No comments: